Recruiting and Selecting Staff
Hiring a member of staff is a major commitment on the part of the organisation. Despite this many professional people have had little or no training on how to increase the chances of making it a success.
If you want to increase the chances of getting the right candidate for every role that you have to fill, this is for you.
What You Will Learn
By the end of this course you will:
- Know how to establish what is needed in the new or vacant role rather than just going through the motions of filling a post in automatic pilot.
- Be able to write a clear and unambiguous job description.
- Be able to write a clear and unambiguous person specification.
- Be able to write a good advert to attract the right calibre of candidates.
- Know where best to source the best candidates.
- Learn how social media might help you to find good candidates.
- Know how to shortlist candidates objectively and avoid bias.
- Know how to determine the best selection process to give you greater confidence in appointing the right candidate.
- Know how to effectively interview candidates.
- Have clarity about your development needs going forward.
The course will be highly practical. The amount of presenting will be kept to a minimum.
We will share key concepts in relation to the topic. You will then have the opportunity to deepen your learning through group exercises, role plays and reflection.
Want to bring this course in-house for your team or professional association event? Click here to contact us and set up and no obligation exploratory session.