Of course you want to achieve success as a leader. At the same time we often forget some obvious things when the going gets tough and lose our way. Here are 10 timely reminders to help you be more successful as a leader and personally in 2012.
1. You need to get clear on what you want to achieve.
2. To achieve you need a plan of action.
3. There will be obstacles and setbacks along the way.
4. There are things you can influence and control and things that you can’t.
5. Sometimes you need to be flexible.
6. Change is happening all of the time and likely to impact on everyone.
7. Taking decisions and action is the catalyst for progress.
8. Everyone fails from time to time.
9. The best investment you can make is in you.
10. Peak performers don’t try to do it all by themselves.
What words of wisdom would you add?
Duncan Brodie of Goals and Achievements helps professional people to become highly effective leaders, managers and achieve more career success. He invites you to sign up for his free audio e-course at https://goalsandachievements.co.uk/leaders-main.html
Since 2006 I’ve worked with in excess of 6,000 accountants and professionals in workshops, seminars and one to one helping them land their next jobs and become better leaders, presenters and business partners. Before that I spent 25 years in accountancy climbing the career ladder from Payments Clerk to FD. I’m a CIMA Fellow, Certified Professional Coach and Team Coach Facilitator.