Free management e-course for accountants and professionals who want to become better managers and achieve more career success. Enter your details below for immediate access.
When it comes to money, the vast majority of leaders and managers will be able to give an excellent account of where they spent the budget they were allocated and what they delivered with that budget. On the other hand if you asked them how they were using their biggest limiting factor, time, how many would be able to give a clear answer?
In truth, very few of us ever take the time to accurately capture where we spend our time and what results we deliver from the time we have invested. So why should you bother anyway?
1. You might discover that your time utilisation is a bit like a leaking water pipe. A lot is being lost but you are not quite sure why.
2. You might be struggling to achieve deadlines or rushing at the last minute to deliver because you are not investing your time wisely.
3. You might be having to continually work extra hours (usually unpaid) to get everything done.
Not taking care of how you spend your time is a bit like not bothering to take care of company money or company equipment.
Doing a time analysis is really easy to do and has a ton of benefits, for example:
1. You start to discover if you are spending your time on what is really important to your success as a leader.
2. You start to become much more conscious of the cost of doing certain things.
3. You find ways of adding more value to the organisation without having to make more and more personal sacrifice.
Bottom Line – Time is probably the biggest limiting factor for just about everyone. So what action could you take starting today to tackle the biggest limiting factor to you delivering results and achieving success
Since 2006 I’ve worked with in excess of 6,000 accountants and professionals in workshops, seminars and one to one helping them land their next jobs and become better leaders, presenters and business partners. Before that I spent 25 years in accountancy climbing the career ladder from Payments Clerk to FD. I’m a CIMA Fellow, Certified Professional Coach and Team Coach Facilitator.