If you are looking for your next job chances are LinkedIn is a site that you use.
As well as roles being directly advertised, recruiters do a post that they are looking to source candidates.
Usually the recruiters make it crystal clear what to do next if you are interested.
They may even include an email to contact them on.
It should be really easy to take that next steps.
Yet apparently not.
Here’s 2 things that I have noticed:
- People merely saying I’m interested in a comment.
- People saying how do I apply even when the next steps have been clearly set out.
Now you might ask yourself what’s wrong with this.
There’s several things:
- If you can’t take the time to read the post properly, what does it say about you as a candidate?
- If you can’t follow process what does it say to you as a candidate?
- No recruiter is going to take your interest seriously.
- It’s even less likely that they will follow up your comment.
- If you apply for another role in the future and follow the process, the actions previously may well impact on your chances.
So here’s my advice:
- Properly read the post.
- Respond as requested.
- Start the process of building the relationship.
Get Your Free Online Course
Sign up to get your free online course The 4 Key Pillars To Landing Your Next Job.