Being An Effective Presenter
At the same time advances in technology are resulting in more and more of the routine work being automated. What this means is that your role is changing significantly.
More and more of your time is being spent working with people outside of Finance. You are less likely to be in some back office and more likely to be out there acting as a business partner and advisor who is supporting delivery of business results.
Rather than being a number cruncher or bean counter, you are actually in the communications business.
Anyone can provide information. The best accountants provide insight.
When you took your accountancy professionals exams you learned about a lot of different areas. At the same time you probably learned very little about communication. After all this was not what your professional qualification was all about.
And the truth is if you can’t communicate effectively formally and informally with a whole host of people you are going to find it difficult to perform to your potential. Chances are it may well even stop you moving forward in your career.
However all is not lost. The truth is anyone with the right help and support can become a highly competent and effective presenter. I use the word competent deliberately. There is no need to become a world class speaker. On the other hand you have got to get competent.
If you are ready to become a highly effective, confident and competent presenter, this one day intensive workshop is for you.
What You Will Learn
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Be able to create effective presentations that get the results that you want, faster, with less stress and anxiety using a tried and test formula
- Know how to set yourself up to deliver an effective presentation, no matter how difficult the audience or the message you have to get across
- Step into your next and all future presentations with real confidence
- Know how to use PowerPoint slides appropriately and how to avoid some of the common mistakes that people make.
- Be delivering effective presentations every time
- Know what to do to deal with nerves which are inevitable when faced with any type of pressurised situation
- Be ready to handle questions that arise from your presentation with confidence
- Have actually created and delivered several presentations, got specific feedback and ideas to improve even more.
The course will be highly practical. You can expect to create, deliver and receive feedback on at least 3 full presentations during the day.
Duncan Brodie. Duncan is an accountant by profession and has over 20 years experience of presenting to a wide range of audiences, including Board level presentations in large organisations. Over the last 10 years he has helped thousands of accountants and professionals to improve their presentation skills.
Want to bring this workshop in-house for your team or professional association event? Click here to contact us and set up and no obligation exploratory session.