Moving forward in anything requires you to take action. You know that. But are you taking action?
Here are 10 actions you could take to move forward your career.
1. Determine how far you want to go in your career
2. Get clear how important your career is relative to other parts of your life
3. Assess your technical skills
4. Assess your business skills
5. Assess your leadership and management skills
6. Ask 10 people for feedback on areas of strength and areas you need to improve
7. Find out what is needed to succeed at the next level
8. Look at your experience and skills now and compare it against what is needed to succeed at the next level
9. Take a training online, read a book or attend a seminar or workshop to build your sills
10. Speak to your boss about your career.
Next step: pick one of the above or one of your own and do it.
Duncan Brodie helps accountants build successful careers.
Since 2006 I’ve worked with in excess of 6,000 accountants and professionals in workshops, seminars and one to one helping them land their next jobs and become better leaders, presenters and business partners. Before that I spent 25 years in accountancy climbing the career ladder from Payments Clerk to FD. I’m a CIMA Fellow, Certified Professional Coach and Team Coach Facilitator.