Moving forward in anything requires you to take action. You know that. But are you taking action?
Here are 10 actions you could take to move forward your career.
1. Determine how far you want to go in your career
2. Get clear how important your career is relative to other parts of your life
3. Assess your technical skills
4. Assess your business skills
5. Assess your leadership and management skills
6. Ask 10 people for feedback on areas of strength and areas you need to improve
7. Find out what is needed to succeed at the next level
8. Look at your experience and skills now and compare it against what is needed to succeed at the next level
9. Take a training online, read a book or attend a seminar or workshop to build your sills
10. Speak to your boss about your career.
Next step: pick one of the above or one of your own and do it.
Duncan Brodie helps accountants build successful careers.
In summary since 2006 I’ve worked with in excess of 5,000 accountants and professionals in workshops, seminars and one to one helping them achieve career success and become better leaders and presenters. Before that I spent 25 years in accountancy climbing the career ladder from Payments Clerk to FD. Articles I’ve written and posted on EzineArticles have had over 800,000 views. A Udemy course on Presentation Skills has had over 10,000 enrolments. I'm the author of 3 Kindle Books I’m a CIMA Fellow, Certified Professional Coach and Team Coach Facilitator