Are You A Technically Great Accountant Who Is Struggling To Achieve The Career Success You Desire?
You’re not alone. Many set out with great hope and aspirations, get so far and get stuck. The truth is getting on in your career is tougher than you might think. Can you relate to any of the following:
- I know that I want to be successful but I’ve never really considered what that means to me personally.
- I don’t have clarity about where I am going to have the gretest chance of being successful.
- I have never really considered if I have the right skills and attrubutes to build a successful career in accountancy.
- I can’t artuculate what I offer to a potential employer.
- I’ve been out of the job market for so long that I no longer know how to succeed.
- I keep getting rejections when I apply for roles at the next level.
- I make it to interview sometimes but can’t seem to convert them into job offers.
Hi I’m Duncan Brodie and since 2006 I have helped hundreds of accountants and other professionals to achieve more career success. I successfully climbed the career ladder becoming the Director of Finance for an NHS Hospital. Along the way I had the opportunity to work in the NHS, with two of the Big 4 accountancy firms (PwC and E&Y) as well as a high street retail bank. I know what it takes to achieve success in your career and I’m ready to help you do the same
If you’re like most accountants you are probably good at the technical aspects of the job. The trouble is that being good technically is just not enough.
To achieve real career success you need to build your leadership, management, business and interpersonal skills. You need clarity around what you want, what you do best and where you are most likely to achieve the best results. You need to be able to market and sell yourself to those making recruitment and promotion decisions.
I’ve learned is that it is not always the smartest who achieve the most career success. Being smart is just not enough. As you progress in your career technical ability while still important is not what ultimately determines how far you go. Being able to work effectively with a diverse range of people, lead, manage and achieve results through others is vitally important.
If you are ready to achieve more career success I can help you get clarity; build your confidence; build your skills; be more strategic in your approach to your career; get more job interviews; be more successful in job interviews.
What makes us different is that we take a holistic approach to career success. We can help you with areas like CV writing and interview technique. We also help you to learn about yourself and support you in build the skills to ensure that you get even better and better at what you do. Please browse through the website for more information on how we can help you achieve more career success. And make sure you get a copy of our free report The 7 Biggest Barriers To A Successful Career In Accountancy